Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

T-minus five days.

Dear Diary,

Today, I made it through the Chick-fil-a drivethru without ordering ANYTHING for myself. I just kept thinking about the nice smoothie I was going to make when I got home, and listening to Jason Mraz to drown out the hypnotic crinkling of Chick-fil-a paper bags, and I made it!

Oh, and I'm going to try raw spinach in the next smoothie I make. This will be monumental, diary, because as you know, I hate raw spinach. Hopefully, though, if I blend in enough fruit, I'll be able to get all the wonderful spinach vegetables without the taste. I also got some blueberries (yum!) strawberries, black pears, and more kale. I'm pumped. For breakfast this morning, I didn't get my kale and I could seriously feel it later. It's good stuff.

My energy hasn't been that great today, but I think that's mostly to do with the fact that it's that special womanly time of month, if you know what I mean, diary. I have a little headache behind my eyes, and my ovaries feel like they're going to explode, but I'll survive, just like I do every month. One exciting thing, though! While my jeans are normally too tight to be comfortable because of water weight, now they fit just right! That must mean I'm doing something correctly! Yay!

I'm debating whether to post my actual weight on here when I weigh myself on Monday (that will be a week of being about 60% raw), but I figure I should probably just suck it up. Maybe I'll be glad I did, if I do end up losing the weight I need to. (I mean, WHEN! WHEN I lose the weight I need to! Thinking positively, here, diary!) Plus, I think there are actually people reading this, so maybe I'll inspire someone to join me on this insanity.

That's another thing, diary. I've had a lot of people ask me how the raw food thing is going because they've been keeping up with this blog. I'm seriously motivated to keep going now, and extremely grateful that I have a little audience. Thanks to them, diary, I think I'll be able to avoid the merciless siren call of the drivethru from now on.

Oh hey, diary, should I have been capitalizing your name through this entire post? Oh well, hopefully the grammar police will be kind.

Next up, Case 39. My dad and I are ringing in the month with a scary movie.

Talk to you soon, diary.

Erin

1 comment:

Anne Marie deGraff said...

Good job! Erin! Can't even imagine getting through Chick-Fil-A without getting some! Of course, we don't have them up here, so it's a real treat when I go to NC to see Sara. I think you're doing great!